Chicago Loop Synagogue was founded in 1929 to serve the religious needs of those whose business activities brought them downtown. Since then, a growing residential community has made it the home synagogue for those who live downtown as well.
By providing a convenient place for daily worship, we help Jews make congregational prayer a regular part of their business day, as well as to observe Yahrzeits and to recite the Kaddish prayers during periods of mourning. While the daily worship is Traditional with separate seating, we have mixed seating on the High Holidays in response to the needs of our residential community.
The synagogue is also an architectural marvel which is regularly featured on architecture tours. Among other features, it contains the magnificent Abraham Rattner stained glass artwork which takes up almost the entire Eastern facade of the Synagogue, Rattner lithographs in the Beit Midrash and the entry to the Social Hall and the Hands of Peace by Henri Azaz, which crowns the entrance to the Synagogue.